Technology has undoubtedly evolved at a rapid rate, yet many of us have huge admiration and nostalgia for retro gadgets.
|The retro technology/gadgets people are most interested in…|
|Retro Tech/Gadget||Year Released||Average Global Monthly Online Searches|
|Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)||1985||317,300|
|Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2)||2000||254,300|
|Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)||1990||157,500|
|Nintendo Game Boy||1989||149,000|
|Videocassette Recorder (VCR)||1977||147,000|
|Sony PlayStation 1 (PS1)||1994||144,800|
|Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP)||2004||50,700|
|Nintendo Power Glove||1989||27,350|
|Victrola Record Player||25,000|
|Apple 1 Computer||1976||22,200|
OnBuy Gaming Chairs found that Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) Is the retro technology product that people are most fascinated by with an average 317,300 global monthly online searches for the home video gaming console – the equivalent of 10,235 online searches a day!
In second position is the Sony PlayStation 2, which receives an average 254,300 worldwide online searches each month from gaming fanatics.
The Nintendo 64 is in third place with an average 237,000 global online searches a month for the 1996 manufactured console.
Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES – 157,500), Nintendo Game Boy (149,000), videocassette recorder (147,000) and Sony PlayStation 1 (144,800) are among the other retro technology products which receive more than an average 140,000 global online searches every month, respectively ranking fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh.
Interestingly, more than half (11) of the retro tech/gadgets in the top 20 are gaming centric products from the likes of Sony and Nintendo.
At the other end in 20th spot is the 1993 released Apple Newton, with the personal digital assistant receiving an average 13,700 worldwide online searches a month.
Image Credit: Ron Tiew Photography / Shutterstock
- OnBuy Gaming Chairs analysed various articles on retro gadgets/technology from reputable sources to establish a comprehensive list of popular retro gadgets/technology.
- Once a list of retro gadgets/technology was finalised, each retro gadget/technology was searched on the database of Ahrefs to understand how many global online searches each retro gadget/technology receives on average each month.
- After this was done for all the retro gadgets/technology in the list, the top 20 were presented in the final results table (i.e. the 20 retro gadgets/technology products which receive the most monthly global online searches per month).
- OnBuy Gaming Chairs did take into account the variations in which people search for the same thing online but in different ways e.g. ‘NES’ also ‘Nintendo Entertainment System’ and ‘VCR’ also ‘videocassette recorder’.
- All results were correct at the time of analysis and are subject to change based on fluctuations in global online searches.